Similar to alfalfa, Clover is easy to grow as both microgreens and sprouts so you’ll have this tasty variety on your plate in no time!
Micro Clover has beautiful green leaves with a lovely mild crunchy texture that are packed with nutrition.
Clover sprouts are a low calorie, quick to grow and have a mild nutty flavour.
Latin name: Trifolium pratense
Health Benefits: High in vitamins A, B-2, C, E and K calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, silicon. High in phytoestrogens. Good for combating osteoporosis & arthritis.
- Difficulty: Easy
- Soak: No
- Germination time: 2 -3 days
- Harvest from: 6 - 10 days
- Flavour/texture: Refreshing cucumber like flavour.
1. Sow your seeds directly on your prepared growing surface - no need to cover with soil if using.
2. Place a tray directly on the seeds and weigh down to ensure good contact with the growing medium and to help the roots dig deep.
3. Keep weighed until the seedlings have germinated and are beginning to push against the weight.
4. Place in blackout when the seedlings are about 2cm tall - use blackout to stretch your seedlings to your desired length.
5. Place in a sunny location or under grow lights to green up your microgreens.
6. Harvest as soon as the seed leaves (cotelydons) have developed fully.