Certified organic rye seed for ryegrass.
Ryegrass is very similar nutritionally to wheatgrass and is quick to grow. Ryegrass is an excellent natural multivitamin being high in Calcium, Chlorophyll, Iron, Lecithin, Magnesium, Pantothenic Acid and potassium.
Directions for use:
- Soak your seed for 6 – 12 hours in plenty of water to hydrate the seed and soften the seed hull.
- Sow your seeds densely on your growing medium.
- It is best to weigh your seeds down with another tray to help the grass build good roots.
- Once the seeds have germinated, place your tray on your windowsill
- Generously water your grass daily
- Your grass will be ready in 8 – 9 days
- Harvest your grass as soon as it starts to split into 2 blades.
- Your harvest can be stored in the fridge for up to one week.
If you have a wheatgrass juicer, follow the instructions given by the manufacturer.
Alternatively, you can place some grass in a high-powered blender and add 100 -200 ml of water. Blend the grass until it is dark green and frothy. Pour the grass mixture into a strainer and using the back of a spoon, press out any excess juice. Using this method, the juice won’t be as pure and concentrated but will still be very potent.
You can also pour your juice into ice cube trays to freeze for later use.